The Spitfire PR Mk XIX was the last of the specialised photo reconnaissance Spits and the only one with a Griffon engine, being delivered to the RAF from mid-1944 to shortly after the end of WWII.
The Mk XIX was unarmed and could carry two vertical cameras and/or one oblique camera in a heated compartment aft of the cockpit. It had a top speed of 716 km/h, a cruising speed of 430 km/h and a ceiling of about 13000 metres. With an external auxiliary tank, the total fuel capacity was 1563 litres and top range 2250 kilometres. The cockpit was pressurised with the aid of an engine-driven blower.